Gloom in Kolkata School where 3 Pune victims studied
Kolkata: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, the
school where Pune blast victims Ankik Dhar, his sister Anandi
and friend Shilpa Goenka studied, plunged into gloom today as
teachers and friends recalled their brilliance.
The three ex-students, who met for the the last time
at Pune`s famed German Bakery before being killed in
Saturday`s blast, were all brilliant students, recalled the
The mathematics teacher picked up Ankik for his
special praise, describing him as `extra ordinarily
"God knows why these talented children were snatched
away from us. No idea what the terrorists got in killing
them," a teacher lamented.
A condolence meeting was held today in the school,
situated at Salt Lake area, before its assembly. The school
will remain closed on Wednesday in memory of the students.
While the brother-sister duo was resident of Lake Town
in North 24 Parganas district, their friend Shilpa lived at
nearby Salt Lake.
Anandi, studying in first year BA (Economics) at
Pune`s Ferguson College, came to join her elder brother who
arrived from Mumbai to celebrate his new job there with friend
Ankik had come out of IIT, Kharagpur, with flying
colours in electronics and electrical communication in 2008
and was highly popular with his teachers and peers for his
academic brilliance and amiable nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?