GNLF supremo Subash Ghising shifts to Siliguri
Siliguri (WB): In a bid to build his base in Darjeeling Hills once again, Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) supremo Subash Ghising has shifted from Jalpaiguri to Siliguri.
Ghising told reporters here today that he has yesterday shifted to a rented accommodation in Siliguri`s Matigara area.
For the last 4-5 years, he has been staying in Jalpaiguri.
"Now we will try to build our organisational strength," Ghising said.
Attacking the GJM, he said, "Both the GJM and the state government are playing fraud with the people of the Hills. They are not bringing development but destruction here."
Supporting sixth schedule status, which provides for creation of autonomous District Councils in certain tribal areas, for Darjeeling, Ghising said, "We want sixth schedule status but not GTA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket