GNLF supremo Subash Ghising shifts to Siliguri
Siliguri (WB): In a bid to build his base in Darjeeling Hills once again, Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) supremo Subash Ghising has shifted from Jalpaiguri to Siliguri.
Ghising told reporters here today that he has yesterday shifted to a rented accommodation in Siliguri`s Matigara area.
For the last 4-5 years, he has been staying in Jalpaiguri.
"Now we will try to build our organisational strength," Ghising said.
Attacking the GJM, he said, "Both the GJM and the state government are playing fraud with the people of the Hills. They are not bringing development but destruction here."
Supporting sixth schedule status, which provides for creation of autonomous District Councils in certain tribal areas, for Darjeeling, Ghising said, "We want sixth schedule status but not GTA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!