GNLF supremo Subash Ghising shifts to Siliguri
Siliguri (WB): In a bid to build his base in Darjeeling Hills once again, Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) supremo Subash Ghising has shifted from Jalpaiguri to Siliguri.
Ghising told reporters here today that he has yesterday shifted to a rented accommodation in Siliguri`s Matigara area.
For the last 4-5 years, he has been staying in Jalpaiguri.
"Now we will try to build our organisational strength," Ghising said.
Attacking the GJM, he said, "Both the GJM and the state government are playing fraud with the people of the Hills. They are not bringing development but destruction here."
Supporting sixth schedule status, which provides for creation of autonomous District Councils in certain tribal areas, for Darjeeling, Ghising said, "We want sixth schedule status but not GTA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read