Goondaism going on in Bengal, police have to be impartial: Guv
Kolkata: In a virtual indictment of the West Bengal government, Governor M K Narayan Wednesday said "goondaism" was taking place in the state, rocked by Trinamool-Left clashes, and police should act impartially.
"This has nothing to do with political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," he told reporters here after inaugurating a function of the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival.
"The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable," he said in reply to a question.
"And whoever is responsible, action has to be taken and police have to be impartial as far as that is concerned," he said.
"There is clear evidence against the guilty," Narayanan said.
CPI-M and Trinamool workers had clashed at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas yesterday where earlier a former CPI-M minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah had been allegedly assaulted by TMC workers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know