`Goondaism` going on in West Bengal: Governor
Kolkata: In a virtual indictment of the West Bengal government, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said `goondaism` was taking place in the state, which has been rocked by TMC- Left clashes, and that action should be taken against those responsible for the violence.
"This is not a question of political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," Narayanan told reporters here after inaugurating a function of the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival.
"The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable ... Action should be taken against those who are responsible. There is clear evidence against the guilty," Narayanan said in reply to a question.
CPI(M) and Trinamool workers had clashed at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas yesterday where earlier a former CPI(M) minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah had been allegedly assaulted by TMC workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece
- Second French church attacker formally identified: Prosecutors
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!