`Goondaism` going on in West Bengal: Governor
Kolkata: In a virtual indictment of the West Bengal government, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said `goondaism` was taking place in the state, which has been rocked by TMC- Left clashes, and that action should be taken against those responsible for the violence.
"This is not a question of political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," Narayanan told reporters here after inaugurating a function of the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival.
"The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable ... Action should be taken against those who are responsible. There is clear evidence against the guilty," Narayanan said in reply to a question.
CPI(M) and Trinamool workers had clashed at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas yesterday where earlier a former CPI(M) minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah had been allegedly assaulted by TMC workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you