Gopalkrishna Gandhi bids adieu to WB, given warm send-off
Kolkata: Gopalkrishna Gandhi today bade
adieu to the people of West Bengal with a `namaskar` and was
given a warm send-off, a day after demitting the office of the
Governor of West Bengal.
Gandhi, who was given a guard of honour by a police
contingent as he stepped out of the grand stairs of the Raj
Bhavan, conveyed his best wishes to the people of the state.
"My namaskar," Gandhi said before leaving for Chennai
with wife Tara.
The outgoing Governor took the salute at another guard
of honour at the lounge of the NSC Bose international airport
before his departure.
Chief Secretary Asok Mohan Chakraborty, Commissioner of
Kolkata Police Gautam Mohan Chakraborty, besides IT minister
Debesh Das and Leader of the Opposition Partha Chatterjee were
Meanwhile, Bihar Governor Devananda Konwar arrived here
from Patna to take over additional responsibility of West
Bengal with effect from today till regular arrangements are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan