Gopalkrishna Gandhi bids adieu to WB, given warm send-off
Kolkata: Gopalkrishna Gandhi today bade
adieu to the people of West Bengal with a `namaskar` and was
given a warm send-off, a day after demitting the office of the
Governor of West Bengal.
Gandhi, who was given a guard of honour by a police
contingent as he stepped out of the grand stairs of the Raj
Bhavan, conveyed his best wishes to the people of the state.
"My namaskar," Gandhi said before leaving for Chennai
with wife Tara.
The outgoing Governor took the salute at another guard
of honour at the lounge of the NSC Bose international airport
before his departure.
Chief Secretary Asok Mohan Chakraborty, Commissioner of
Kolkata Police Gautam Mohan Chakraborty, besides IT minister
Debesh Das and Leader of the Opposition Partha Chatterjee were
Meanwhile, Bihar Governor Devananda Konwar arrived here
from Patna to take over additional responsibility of West
Bengal with effect from today till regular arrangements are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what