Gorkhaland issue: Tripartite meeting on Dec 21
Kolkata: The Centre on Monday said a tripartite
meeting to resolve the vexed Gorkhaland issue would be held in
New Delhi on December 21.
"Representatives of Centre, state government and GJM
would attend the meeting," the Centre`s interlocutor on the
matter Vijay Madan told newsmen here.
Earlier in the day, Madan had a meeting with Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Chief Secretary Asok Mohan
Chakraborty and Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen.
Madan, a retired Lieutenant General of Army, said the
Gorkhaland issue needed a political solution. "There is no
problem in the world that could not be solved through
dialogue," he said.
Madan is scheduled to meet Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi,
Municipal Affairs Minister Asok Bhattacharya and several state
government officials tomorrow before returning to Darjeeling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery