Gorkhaland issue: Tripartite meeting on Dec 21
Kolkata: The Centre on Monday said a tripartite
meeting to resolve the vexed Gorkhaland issue would be held in
New Delhi on December 21.
"Representatives of Centre, state government and GJM
would attend the meeting," the Centre`s interlocutor on the
matter Vijay Madan told newsmen here.
Earlier in the day, Madan had a meeting with Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Chief Secretary Asok Mohan
Chakraborty and Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen.
Madan, a retired Lieutenant General of Army, said the
Gorkhaland issue needed a political solution. "There is no
problem in the world that could not be solved through
dialogue," he said.
Madan is scheduled to meet Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi,
Municipal Affairs Minister Asok Bhattacharya and several state
government officials tomorrow before returning to Darjeeling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug