Govt scientist caught taking photos inside WB Assembly
Kolkata: A senior scientist was on Friday spotted clicking photos with his mobile camera inside the Assembly when a minister was replying to a debate on the grant for budgetary demands.
The mobile of the senior scientist with the Science and Technology Ministry, P Hazra, was immediately seized and he was made to sit in a room outside the House.
Before the conclusion of the first half, Speaker Biman Banerjee called him and sought an explanation from him following which he tendered apology and the mobile was returned with the photos deleted.
Government Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chatterjee expressed anguish over repetition of such incidents and urged the Speaker to take appropriate measures to curb this.
Hazra was caught taking photos when minister of the department Rabi Ranjan Chatterjee was giving his reply to the debate on the grant for budgetary demands amidst the pandemonium as shouting Left Front members occupied the well demanding the Chief Minister`s statement on the Tapas Pal incident.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was not present in the house.
A similar incident occurred on Monday when a WBCS officer with the women and child welfare department was taking photos when his department`s budget was in progress.
In 2010, the then DGP Bhupinder Singh was reprimanded and fined by Speaker HA Halim for the same cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'