Govt scientist caught taking photos inside WB Assembly
Kolkata: A senior scientist was on Friday spotted clicking photos with his mobile camera inside the Assembly when a minister was replying to a debate on the grant for budgetary demands.
The mobile of the senior scientist with the Science and Technology Ministry, P Hazra, was immediately seized and he was made to sit in a room outside the House.
Before the conclusion of the first half, Speaker Biman Banerjee called him and sought an explanation from him following which he tendered apology and the mobile was returned with the photos deleted.
Government Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chatterjee expressed anguish over repetition of such incidents and urged the Speaker to take appropriate measures to curb this.
Hazra was caught taking photos when minister of the department Rabi Ranjan Chatterjee was giving his reply to the debate on the grant for budgetary demands amidst the pandemonium as shouting Left Front members occupied the well demanding the Chief Minister`s statement on the Tapas Pal incident.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was not present in the house.
A similar incident occurred on Monday when a WBCS officer with the women and child welfare department was taking photos when his department`s budget was in progress.
In 2010, the then DGP Bhupinder Singh was reprimanded and fined by Speaker HA Halim for the same cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?