Govt scientist caught taking photos inside WB Assembly
Kolkata: A senior scientist was on Friday spotted clicking photos with his mobile camera inside the Assembly when a minister was replying to a debate on the grant for budgetary demands.
The mobile of the senior scientist with the Science and Technology Ministry, P Hazra, was immediately seized and he was made to sit in a room outside the House.
Before the conclusion of the first half, Speaker Biman Banerjee called him and sought an explanation from him following which he tendered apology and the mobile was returned with the photos deleted.
Government Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chatterjee expressed anguish over repetition of such incidents and urged the Speaker to take appropriate measures to curb this.
Hazra was caught taking photos when minister of the department Rabi Ranjan Chatterjee was giving his reply to the debate on the grant for budgetary demands amidst the pandemonium as shouting Left Front members occupied the well demanding the Chief Minister`s statement on the Tapas Pal incident.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was not present in the house.
A similar incident occurred on Monday when a WBCS officer with the women and child welfare department was taking photos when his department`s budget was in progress.
In 2010, the then DGP Bhupinder Singh was reprimanded and fined by Speaker HA Halim for the same cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?