Group to monitor fire safety in hospitals
Kolkata: All hospitals and nursing homes
in the city will come under inspection by a combined group of
personnel to monitor if fire safety norms are strictly adhered
to as per ideal building code.
Mandatory requirements were laid down on Thursday at a
high-level meeting chaired by state chief secretary Samar
Ghosh who said whether fire safety measures were fool-proof
or not would be monitored and non-compliance would invite
Ghosh told reporters that specific time limits would
be fixed for fulfilment of the fire safety measures.
The meeting, attended by Commissioner of Kolkata
police, DGP, ADG (hq), Disaster Management secretary and Fire
services director, decided that civil defence volunteers would
be imparted training in fire services. ``They should be
available as auxiliary fire service personnel``.
The fire service department would also be revamped and
the department had been asked to purchase gas masks,
breathing apparatus and other inputs in adequate quantity, he
The chief secretary said that Kolkata Municipal
Corporation had been asked to verify if building plans of
nursing homes and hospitals were altered by the parties even
The Corporation and the police would jointly work in
Disaster Management department will publicise a
guideline for observing fire safety norms in multi-storyed
residential buildings, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks