Group to monitor fire safety in hospitals
Kolkata: All hospitals and nursing homes
in the city will come under inspection by a combined group of
personnel to monitor if fire safety norms are strictly adhered
to as per ideal building code.
Mandatory requirements were laid down on Thursday at a
high-level meeting chaired by state chief secretary Samar
Ghosh who said whether fire safety measures were fool-proof
or not would be monitored and non-compliance would invite
Ghosh told reporters that specific time limits would
be fixed for fulfilment of the fire safety measures.
The meeting, attended by Commissioner of Kolkata
police, DGP, ADG (hq), Disaster Management secretary and Fire
services director, decided that civil defence volunteers would
be imparted training in fire services. ``They should be
available as auxiliary fire service personnel``.
The fire service department would also be revamped and
the department had been asked to purchase gas masks,
breathing apparatus and other inputs in adequate quantity, he
The chief secretary said that Kolkata Municipal
Corporation had been asked to verify if building plans of
nursing homes and hospitals were altered by the parties even
The Corporation and the police would jointly work in
Disaster Management department will publicise a
guideline for observing fire safety norms in multi-storyed
residential buildings, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why