GTA demands central varsity
Darjeeling: The Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) has appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to set up a central university in the GTA area of the Darjeeling hills.
The demand for a central university was a long standing one and it had been mentioned in the tripartite GTA agreement signed on July 18, 2011, the GTA said in a letter to the President during his visit to Sikkim on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre