GTA solution no solution at all: CPI(M)
Jalpaiguri (WB): With the Gorkha Janamukti
Morcha (GJM) renewing its demand for separate statehood, the
main Opposition CPI(M) on Friday said the West Bengal Chief
Minister`s claim of a solution to Gorkha Territorial
Administration (GTA) issue was in reality no solution at all.
"GTA has in fact complicated the situation as the Gorkha
Janamukti Morcha renewed its demand for a separate state the
day after the agreement was signed by the state government and
the GJM," Left Front chairman and West Bengal CPI-M state
secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
The GTA agreement was signed at Pintail near Siliguri
in July in the presence of Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram
and the Bill was later passed in the house.
Bose said that the situation has been complicated by the
fact that the adivasis of Terai-Dooars area have demanded
Adivasi Territorial Area and have refused to yield any area to
GTA as demanded by GJM.
"So the problem has become much more complicated. But the
state government and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is
claiming that the Hill problem has been solved," Bose, who was
here to attend a party programme, said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why