GTA to honour Nepali writer Indra Bahadur Rai
Darjeeling: The Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) Thursday said it will honour Sahitya Academy Award winner Indra Bahadur Rai with `Life Time Achievement` award.
The announcement was made by Binay Tamang, GTA executive member and in-charge of its information and culture affairs department.
An eminent figure in the field of Nepali literature, Indra Bahadur Rai won Sahitya Academy Award in 1977 for his book titled `Nepali Upanyas Ka Aadhar Haru`.
Among his other works, a short story `Katputliko Man` and a novel `Aaja Ramita Cha` have earned him wide appreciation.
Tamang said the GTA would also award achievers in other fields.
The awards would be given on July 13 on the occasion of 200th birth anniversary of Adikavi Bhanubhakta Acharya, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away