GTA to honour Nepali writer Indra Bahadur Rai
Darjeeling: The Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) Thursday said it will honour Sahitya Academy Award winner Indra Bahadur Rai with `Life Time Achievement` award.
The announcement was made by Binay Tamang, GTA executive member and in-charge of its information and culture affairs department.
An eminent figure in the field of Nepali literature, Indra Bahadur Rai won Sahitya Academy Award in 1977 for his book titled `Nepali Upanyas Ka Aadhar Haru`.
Among his other works, a short story `Katputliko Man` and a novel `Aaja Ramita Cha` have earned him wide appreciation.
Tamang said the GTA would also award achievers in other fields.
The awards would be given on July 13 on the occasion of 200th birth anniversary of Adikavi Bhanubhakta Acharya, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes