Guardians ransack school after girl`s death
Kolkata: Guardians of students on Thursday ransacked the office premises of Christ Church Girls High School in Dum Dum after the death of a Class V girl there.
The guardians entered the school premises this morning and ransacked office furniture and other equipment demanding punishment of those responsible for the death of Aindrila Das (11).
The girl student was severely traumatised when a group of seniors of the school locked her inside a toilet after school hours demanding money from her last week.
She was shortly brought out of the toilet by a sweeper after hearing her screams, who later took her home.
The girl slipped in a state of shock forcing her parents to admit her in a nursing home where she died on Wednesday.
The school principal denied any knowledge of the incident.
West Bengal Education minister Bratya Basu ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’