Guardians ransack school after girl`s death
Kolkata: Guardians of students on Thursday ransacked the office premises of Christ Church Girls High School in Dum Dum after the death of a Class V girl there.
The guardians entered the school premises this morning and ransacked office furniture and other equipment demanding punishment of those responsible for the death of Aindrila Das (11).
The girl student was severely traumatised when a group of seniors of the school locked her inside a toilet after school hours demanding money from her last week.
She was shortly brought out of the toilet by a sweeper after hearing her screams, who later took her home.
The girl slipped in a state of shock forcing her parents to admit her in a nursing home where she died on Wednesday.
The school principal denied any knowledge of the incident.
West Bengal Education minister Bratya Basu ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani