Guardians ransack school after girl`s death
Kolkata: Guardians of students on Thursday ransacked the office premises of Christ Church Girls High School in Dum Dum after the death of a Class V girl there.
The guardians entered the school premises this morning and ransacked office furniture and other equipment demanding punishment of those responsible for the death of Aindrila Das (11).
The girl student was severely traumatised when a group of seniors of the school locked her inside a toilet after school hours demanding money from her last week.
She was shortly brought out of the toilet by a sweeper after hearing her screams, who later took her home.
The girl slipped in a state of shock forcing her parents to admit her in a nursing home where she died on Wednesday.
The school principal denied any knowledge of the incident.
West Bengal Education minister Bratya Basu ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje