Gunbattle with Maoists continues in troubled Jangalmahal
Midnapur (WB): Security forces and the
Maoists were locked in a fierce gun battle since 6 pm in two
villages under Salbani police limits in troubled West
Midnapore district on Wednesday.
On an information that a large number of armed Maoists
had gathered in Kishijora and Koradana villages, the security
forces took positions in the area, District Magistrate Narayan
Swarup Nigam said.
Sensing trouble, the rebels fired at them and the
force retaliated leading to a fierce encounter.
The battle is continuing till the last report reached
at 8 pm, Nigam said. The security forces have not suffered any
casualty so far. Any casualty on the other side is also not
Meanwhile, train services on the Kharagpur-Adra
section of the South Eastern Railway have been stopped as rail
tracks run through the villages, Nigam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery