Gunbattle with Maoists continues in troubled Jangalmahal
Midnapur (WB): Security forces and the
Maoists were locked in a fierce gun battle since 6 pm in two
villages under Salbani police limits in troubled West
Midnapore district on Wednesday.
On an information that a large number of armed Maoists
had gathered in Kishijora and Koradana villages, the security
forces took positions in the area, District Magistrate Narayan
Swarup Nigam said.
Sensing trouble, the rebels fired at them and the
force retaliated leading to a fierce encounter.
The battle is continuing till the last report reached
at 8 pm, Nigam said. The security forces have not suffered any
casualty so far. Any casualty on the other side is also not
Meanwhile, train services on the Kharagpur-Adra
section of the South Eastern Railway have been stopped as rail
tracks run through the villages, Nigam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base