Gurung, Giri file nomination for GTA
Darjeeling: Top Gorkha Janamukti Morcha leaders Bimal Gurung and Roshan Giri filed their nominations for the July 29 Gorkhaland Territorial Authority polls on Saturday.
Gurung, GJM president has filed his papers from Tukvar, his native village in Darjeeling sub-division, while his wife Asha submitted her nomination for Darjeeling sadar one seat.
Giri, who is the general secretary of the party filed his papers from Sitong Latpanchar in Kurseong sub-div.
GTA has total 45 seats - 22 in Darjeeling sub-division, 10 in Kurseong and 13 in Kalimpong.
GJM will contest from all. CPI-M will contest from 22 seats and Trinamool Congress is yet to file any nomination.
The last date of nomination filing is July 9 and withdrawal is July 12. Results for the crucial hill poll will be declared on August 2 and the GTA formation would be completed by August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves