Gurung, Giri file nomination for GTA
Darjeeling: Top Gorkha Janamukti Morcha leaders Bimal Gurung and Roshan Giri filed their nominations for the July 29 Gorkhaland Territorial Authority polls on Saturday.
Gurung, GJM president has filed his papers from Tukvar, his native village in Darjeeling sub-division, while his wife Asha submitted her nomination for Darjeeling sadar one seat.
Giri, who is the general secretary of the party filed his papers from Sitong Latpanchar in Kurseong sub-div.
GTA has total 45 seats - 22 in Darjeeling sub-division, 10 in Kurseong and 13 in Kalimpong.
GJM will contest from all. CPI-M will contest from 22 seats and Trinamool Congress is yet to file any nomination.
The last date of nomination filing is July 9 and withdrawal is July 12. Results for the crucial hill poll will be declared on August 2 and the GTA formation would be completed by August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter