Gurung, Giri file nomination for GTA
Darjeeling: Top Gorkha Janamukti Morcha leaders Bimal Gurung and Roshan Giri filed their nominations for the July 29 Gorkhaland Territorial Authority polls on Saturday.
Gurung, GJM president has filed his papers from Tukvar, his native village in Darjeeling sub-division, while his wife Asha submitted her nomination for Darjeeling sadar one seat.
Giri, who is the general secretary of the party filed his papers from Sitong Latpanchar in Kurseong sub-div.
GTA has total 45 seats - 22 in Darjeeling sub-division, 10 in Kurseong and 13 in Kalimpong.
GJM will contest from all. CPI-M will contest from 22 seats and Trinamool Congress is yet to file any nomination.
The last date of nomination filing is July 9 and withdrawal is July 12. Results for the crucial hill poll will be declared on August 2 and the GTA formation would be completed by August 10.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study
- Worsening depression, a predictor of dementia
- Fire ravages Muslim prayer hall in Corsica, criminal attack suspected
- UJALA will be implemented across country by 2019: Piyush Goyal