Gurung, Giri file nomination for GTA
Darjeeling: Top Gorkha Janamukti Morcha leaders Bimal Gurung and Roshan Giri filed their nominations for the July 29 Gorkhaland Territorial Authority polls on Saturday.
Gurung, GJM president has filed his papers from Tukvar, his native village in Darjeeling sub-division, while his wife Asha submitted her nomination for Darjeeling sadar one seat.
Giri, who is the general secretary of the party filed his papers from Sitong Latpanchar in Kurseong sub-div.
GTA has total 45 seats - 22 in Darjeeling sub-division, 10 in Kurseong and 13 in Kalimpong.
GJM will contest from all. CPI-M will contest from 22 seats and Trinamool Congress is yet to file any nomination.
The last date of nomination filing is July 9 and withdrawal is July 12. Results for the crucial hill poll will be declared on August 2 and the GTA formation would be completed by August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study