Guv asks WB govt to act to curb violence
Kolkata: Making a fresh appeal to the
state government for initiating immediate steps to curb
growing political violence, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan
today said it was the time for action and not discussion.
"This is the time to act in the given situation
(political violence) and not the time to discuss," the
Governor told reporters during his visit to Dakshineswar
Adyapeeth temple near.
The Governor was requested to comment on the state
Housing Minister Gautam Deb`s initiative through SMS to
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for a face-to-face
talk with Chief Minister Buddhadev Bhattacharjee to evolve a
solution to the growing violence.
Without replying to the query, Narayanan said it was
time for action not discussion.
Worried about the worsening law and order, the
Governor has already summoned top brass of the administration
and asked the state government to concentrate more attention
on improving the situation.
Following footsteps of his predecessor Gopalkrishna
Gandhi who slammed the state government for Nandigram
violence, Narayanan has also expressed dismay at deterioration
of law and order situation in the state, particularly after
the killing of eight persons at Netai village in Lalgarh on
He had said on that day that the killing was "a day of
sorrow and shame" for the state and asked the government to
act before "reaching a point of no-return".
Taking a proactive stand, Narayanan has also expressed
desire to visit the Netai village to talk to the affected
villagers likely on Jaunary 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM