Guwahati-bound Brahmaputra Mail has close shave
Malda: Within 24 hours of
Brahmaputra Mail colliding with a goods train, another
Guwahati-bound Brahmaputra Mail had a close shave on Thursday when
it hit a trolley van on the tracks at Adina station in Malda
"The incident happened when railway staff were
carrying out maintenance work on the tracks. Seeing the
speeding train coming, the railway workers shifted the tools
from the trolley and the train hit the trolley on the tracks,"
Divisional Railway Manager of Malda Harsh Kumar said.
One spring of a wheel broke by the impact of the
accident after the driver slammed emergency brake, sources
said. Nobody was injured in the accident, officials said.
Six railway employees have been suspended for
deriliction of duty, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015