Hailstorm destroys over 2,000 houses in Bengal
Midnapore: A hailstorm destroyed more
than 2,000 mud houses, damaged crops and uprooted trees in
about 25 villages under Debra police station in West Midnapore
district on Wednesday.
Police said the hailstorm, lasting about 30 minutes,
razed to ground over 2000 houses, mostly of mud with asbestos
It also damaged vast fields of crops and uprooted trees.
Several electric poles were also uprooted plunging the entire
area into darkness.
The district administration is gearing up to extend
relief material to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL