Hailstorm destroys over 2,000 houses in Bengal
Midnapore: A hailstorm destroyed more
than 2,000 mud houses, damaged crops and uprooted trees in
about 25 villages under Debra police station in West Midnapore
district on Wednesday.
Police said the hailstorm, lasting about 30 minutes,
razed to ground over 2000 houses, mostly of mud with asbestos
It also damaged vast fields of crops and uprooted trees.
Several electric poles were also uprooted plunging the entire
area into darkness.
The district administration is gearing up to extend
relief material to the victims.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living