Handicapped girl uses feet to write board exams
Howrah: Where there is a will, there is a
way -- this adage was proved right once again today by a 16-
year-old girl handicap girl here.
Subhadro Bhowmick, a student of PNS High School in
Bagnan area, wrote her class X board exams using her feet in
Howrah district, school headmaster Sanjit Sengupta said.
"Special arrangements have been made for her during
the exams. Her writing speed is comparable to other students,"
About 9,47,495 students are appearing for the
Madhyamik examination which began today.
A resident of Sreerampur village in Ulberia area,
Subhadro was born without her left hand while the right one
had a defect, making her depend on her feet to write.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- No pathway for legal status for illegal immigrants: Trump
- Apple devices failing more than Android smartphones: Study
- Piers Morgan vs Indian Twitter: The battle isn't over yet as UK journalist provokes fans with THIS tweet
- Dev Patel's 'Lion' to release in Australia
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30