Have not decided anything on future course of action: Ganguly
Kolkata: Former Supreme Court judge Ashok Kumar Ganguly, accused of harassing a law intern, on Wednesday said he has not decided on his future course of action if the young woman filed a police complaint.
Asked whether he would fight it out in court if the intern filed a police complaint, Justice Ganguly replied, "I haven`t said any such thing to anyone."
"Many are misquoting me. I haven`t decided anything on this matter as of now," Justice Ganguly said.
Women`s rights activist Santasree Chaudhuri had yesterday appealed to the intern to file a FIR.
Justice Ganguly had ruled out quitting as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, notwithstanding the growing clamour for his resignation.
The retired Supreme Court judge had earlier said he would do whatever he had to.
A committee of three judges of the Supreme Court had indicted their former colleague, Justice Ganguly, for `unwelcome behaviour` and `conduct of sexual nature` toward the woman law intern. Justice Ganguly has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH