Heavy rains in Kolkata
Kolkata: The metropolis is experiencing heavy rains following the formation of a well-marked low pressure over the Bay of Bengal.
The city recorded 55.8 mm rainfall till 8.30 AM as the entire gangetic belt experienced intermittent to heavy rainfall, Regional Meteorological Centre officials said.
Low-lying areas in the metropolis were inundated and traffic snarls were reported from many areas.
The Met office has forecast more rains in the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, braving the rains, thousands of Trinamool Congress workers and supporters were arriving in processions at the Brigade Parade ground here for the party`s annual Martyrs` Day rally which would also mark the party coming to power in the state with a massive mandate ending over three
decades of Left rule in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding