Hotel owner shoots manager dead in Purulia
Purulia: The manager of a private hotel here was shot dead allegedly by its owner early today, sparking protest by local people who set fire to the lodge, the police said.
Ashish Banerjee, owner of Pinaki Lodge, shot the manager, Partha Chatterjee, following an altercation over some unknown issues.
Partha was initially taken to Purulia district headquarter hospital here, from where he was referred to Bokaro hospital, but he died on the way, the police said.
Partha`s family members alleged that he was killed as he protested against various anti-social works having taken place in the hotel.
Angry locals set the lodge on fire and reduced it to ashes. Two fire tenders that went to fight the blaze could not do anything.
The owner fled after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened