Hotel owner shoots manager dead in Purulia
Purulia: The manager of a private hotel here was shot dead allegedly by its owner early today, sparking protest by local people who set fire to the lodge, the police said.
Ashish Banerjee, owner of Pinaki Lodge, shot the manager, Partha Chatterjee, following an altercation over some unknown issues.
Partha was initially taken to Purulia district headquarter hospital here, from where he was referred to Bokaro hospital, but he died on the way, the police said.
Partha`s family members alleged that he was killed as he protested against various anti-social works having taken place in the hotel.
Angry locals set the lodge on fire and reduced it to ashes. Two fire tenders that went to fight the blaze could not do anything.
The owner fled after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?