Hotel owner shoots manager dead in Purulia
Purulia: The manager of a private hotel here was shot dead allegedly by its owner early today, sparking protest by local people who set fire to the lodge, the police said.
Ashish Banerjee, owner of Pinaki Lodge, shot the manager, Partha Chatterjee, following an altercation over some unknown issues.
Partha was initially taken to Purulia district headquarter hospital here, from where he was referred to Bokaro hospital, but he died on the way, the police said.
Partha`s family members alleged that he was killed as he protested against various anti-social works having taken place in the hotel.
Angry locals set the lodge on fire and reduced it to ashes. Two fire tenders that went to fight the blaze could not do anything.
The owner fled after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!