Housewife set on fire by husband and in-laws in Burdwan
Burdwan: A housewife was allegedly set on fire by her husband and in-laws in Memari area of Burdwan district, police said Friday.
Arshad Sheikh of Dadpur village lodged an FIR alleging that his daughter Shakila Bibi was set on fire by her husband Saifuddin Mollah and in-laws on July 29 night.
Shakila was rushed to the Burdwan Medical College Hospital by her neighbours. She succumbed to her burn injuries last night, police said.
Sheikh also alleged that after marriage his daughter was physically and mentally tortured by her husband and in-laws.
Shakila was married to Saifuddin for the last five years.
On the basis of the FIR, Saifuddin Mollah has been arrested by police while the others named in the FIR are absconding, Superintendent of Police of Burdwan S M H Meerza said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog