Housewife sets herself on fire after family dispute
Jalpaiguri(WB): A woman allegedly committed suicide by setting herself on fire after a family quarrel at Tarun Dal Club area here, police sources said Saturday.
Debjani Maitra (32) had a quarrel with family members and then allegedly poured kerosene and set herself on fire late last night, the sources said.
Debajani`s husband tried to save her by dousing the fire but he too suffered burn injuries.
Both the couple were rushed to hospital where Debjani succumbed to her burn injuries while her husband has been admitted the sources said.
Debjani`s house was also gutted in the fire as some gas cylinders in the house exploded after catching the fire, the sources said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime) Prabhat Chakraborty said prime facie it appears to be a case of suicide but police has started an investigation into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside