Housewife`s death triggers violent protest
Barasat: The death of a young housewife
under suspicious circumstances triggered protest by locals,
who alleged foul play and pelted stones on police personnel,
leaving three of them injured at Dumdum area on the northern
outskirts of Kolkata.
Police said Mousumi Nandy (28) died on way to a doctor
after complaining of uneasiness. The physician later declared
her dead and issued the certificate following which her
in-laws were making arrangements for cremation.
However, soon a group of people gathered before the house
at Chasipara locality of Dumdum in North 24 Parganas district
and stopped the hearse, demanding that the body should be sent
for post-mortem first.
Some of the neighbours alleged that Mousumi was regularly
tortured by her in-laws and there could be foul play.
As a police jeep went to the spot, falling under North
24 Parganas district, the mob pelted stones at the personnel
injuring three cops, police said.
Police later took the husband to a local police station
for questioning. Police also spoke to the five-year-old son of
the woman to ascertain the circumstances leading to his
Neighbours said the husband, child and father-in-law
of the woman were present in the house when she had fallen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team