Huge cache of arms recovered in Bengal
Kolkata: A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from a pump house in an agricultural field in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, the police said.
"Acting on a tip off, we raided Zahid Sheikh`s pump house at Ketugram and recovered 11 firearms, four pistols, two muskets, 60 box bombs, 40 kg of gunpowder, four daggers and some empty magazines", said Burdwan Superintendent of Police Humayan Kabir.
"We could not arrest Zahid, who is a political activist. We are not aware of his political affiliations", said Kabir.
Raids are being conducted across the district to seize illegal arms and ammunition to ensure free and fair election during upcoming West Bengal assembly polls, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price