Huge cache of arms recovered in Bengal
Kolkata: A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from a pump house in an agricultural field in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, the police said.
"Acting on a tip off, we raided Zahid Sheikh`s pump house at Ketugram and recovered 11 firearms, four pistols, two muskets, 60 box bombs, 40 kg of gunpowder, four daggers and some empty magazines", said Burdwan Superintendent of Police Humayan Kabir.
"We could not arrest Zahid, who is a political activist. We are not aware of his political affiliations", said Kabir.
Raids are being conducted across the district to seize illegal arms and ammunition to ensure free and fair election during upcoming West Bengal assembly polls, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi