HuJI militant wanted in Burman abduction case held
Kolkata: A HuJI militant wanted in the abduction case of shoe baron Partha Pratim Roy Burman in 2001 was arrested by the Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police.
During a raid in port area of the city, the militant identified as Muijanur Rehman, 45, was arrested late last night, Joint Commissioner of Police (STF) Rajeev Mishra said.
The HuJI militant was wanted in connection with the abduction of Khadim`s owner Burman and is a co-associate of another militant Amir Reja Khan.
Some "suspicious objects" and pamphlets were found in his possession, Mishra said.
Rehman was hiding in Bangladesh for about 12 years and was believed to have sneaked into Kolkata in recent times.
The militant would be produced in court soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Goa minister uses racial slur for an African, apologises
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: Grappler fails second test, Rio Olympics dream all but over
- Kargil martyr's mother, widow battle over sharing compensation
- Facebook's Surround 360 blueprints available to everyone
- Suicide bomber was former Somali MP: Shabaab