HuJI militant wanted in Burman abduction case held
Kolkata: A HuJI militant wanted in the abduction case of shoe baron Partha Pratim Roy Burman in 2001 was arrested by the Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police.
During a raid in port area of the city, the militant identified as Muijanur Rehman, 45, was arrested late last night, Joint Commissioner of Police (STF) Rajeev Mishra said.
The HuJI militant was wanted in connection with the abduction of Khadim`s owner Burman and is a co-associate of another militant Amir Reja Khan.
Some "suspicious objects" and pamphlets were found in his possession, Mishra said.
Rehman was hiding in Bangladesh for about 12 years and was believed to have sneaked into Kolkata in recent times.
The militant would be produced in court soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season