HuJI militant wanted in Burman abduction case held
Kolkata: A HuJI militant wanted in the abduction case of shoe baron Partha Pratim Roy Burman in 2001 was arrested by the Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police.
During a raid in port area of the city, the militant identified as Muijanur Rehman, 45, was arrested late last night, Joint Commissioner of Police (STF) Rajeev Mishra said.
The HuJI militant was wanted in connection with the abduction of Khadim`s owner Burman and is a co-associate of another militant Amir Reja Khan.
Some "suspicious objects" and pamphlets were found in his possession, Mishra said.
Rehman was hiding in Bangladesh for about 12 years and was believed to have sneaked into Kolkata in recent times.
The militant would be produced in court soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!