HuJI militant wanted in Burman abduction case held
Kolkata: A HuJI militant wanted in the abduction case of shoe baron Partha Pratim Roy Burman in 2001 was arrested by the Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police.
During a raid in port area of the city, the militant identified as Muijanur Rehman, 45, was arrested late last night, Joint Commissioner of Police (STF) Rajeev Mishra said.
The HuJI militant was wanted in connection with the abduction of Khadim`s owner Burman and is a co-associate of another militant Amir Reja Khan.
Some "suspicious objects" and pamphlets were found in his possession, Mishra said.
Rehman was hiding in Bangladesh for about 12 years and was believed to have sneaked into Kolkata in recent times.
The militant would be produced in court soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened