Human bones found near CPI(M) office in West Bengal
Midnapore: Human bones were on Friday found inside a sack in a dried up pond near a CPI(M) party office at Mirbazar in this headquarter town of West Midnapore district, police said.
Some local people on Friday spotted dogs pulling a sack, containing human bones, in a dried up pond at Mirbazar locality behind the party office.
The police took away the sack and a case has been registered, the sources said.
A number of CPI(M) leaders and workers, including MLA and former minister Sushanta Ghosh, were named accused in a murder case following recovery of skeletons at Benachapra in West Midnapore district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA