Human rights in Bengal worse than during emergency: Biman
Kolkata: CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose on Tuesday said that the current condition of human rights in West Bengal was "worse" than the emergency days of 1975.
Speaking about an arrested SFI member in Siliguri being sent to hospital in chains, he said "The West Bengal government is claiming that it is a government with a human face but the condition of human rights in the state is worse than the days of emergency".
"Is this incident an example of human face. Recently, a Left activist was arrested on the basis of a false case and was not even allowed to perform his mother`s last rites properly. He was released on parole for just 6 hours," said the Left Front chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav