Human rights in Bengal worse than during emergency: Biman
Kolkata: CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose on Tuesday said that the current condition of human rights in West Bengal was "worse" than the emergency days of 1975.
Speaking about an arrested SFI member in Siliguri being sent to hospital in chains, he said "The West Bengal government is claiming that it is a government with a human face but the condition of human rights in the state is worse than the days of emergency".
"Is this incident an example of human face. Recently, a Left activist was arrested on the basis of a false case and was not even allowed to perform his mother`s last rites properly. He was released on parole for just 6 hours," said the Left Front chairman.
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt
- Delhi to observe mandatory summer vacation with effect from May 11
- Karnataka Chemistry paper leak: Alleged kingpin held
- Marine Salvatore Girone will be home 'in a few weeks', says Italian minister