Human rights in Bengal worse than during emergency: Biman
Kolkata: CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose on Tuesday said that the current condition of human rights in West Bengal was "worse" than the emergency days of 1975.
Speaking about an arrested SFI member in Siliguri being sent to hospital in chains, he said "The West Bengal government is claiming that it is a government with a human face but the condition of human rights in the state is worse than the days of emergency".
"Is this incident an example of human face. Recently, a Left activist was arrested on the basis of a false case and was not even allowed to perform his mother`s last rites properly. He was released on parole for just 6 hours," said the Left Front chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India