Human rights in Bengal worse than during emergency: Biman
Kolkata: CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose on Tuesday said that the current condition of human rights in West Bengal was "worse" than the emergency days of 1975.
Speaking about an arrested SFI member in Siliguri being sent to hospital in chains, he said "The West Bengal government is claiming that it is a government with a human face but the condition of human rights in the state is worse than the days of emergency".
"Is this incident an example of human face. Recently, a Left activist was arrested on the basis of a false case and was not even allowed to perform his mother`s last rites properly. He was released on parole for just 6 hours," said the Left Front chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi