Human rights in Bengal worse than during emergency: Biman
Kolkata: CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose on Tuesday said that the current condition of human rights in West Bengal was "worse" than the emergency days of 1975.
Speaking about an arrested SFI member in Siliguri being sent to hospital in chains, he said "The West Bengal government is claiming that it is a government with a human face but the condition of human rights in the state is worse than the days of emergency".
"Is this incident an example of human face. Recently, a Left activist was arrested on the basis of a false case and was not even allowed to perform his mother`s last rites properly. He was released on parole for just 6 hours," said the Left Front chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead