Husband, three others held for `gang-raping` woman in Bengal
Kolkata: Four people have been arrested following a complaint by a woman in West Bengal`s Malda district that she was allegedly gang-raped by her husband and his friends, police said Monday.
The incident happened in Chanchal district, some 390 km from Kolkata.
The woman, in her complaint filed Friday before Chanchal police station, alleged that she was gang raped late Wednesday night and was locked up at her house but managed to escape.
"On the basis of her complaint we have arrested four people including her husband. A medical test of the victim has been conducted, reports of which are awaited," said a police officer.
The woman said that she suspects her husband to be involved in some illegal business and when she confronted him, she was violated by the husband and his cronies.
"Four people including by husband forcibly took me out of the house and took turns to rape me. Later when I got unconscious, I found myself bound and tied inside the house. I managed to free myself and filed the complaint," said the woman.
All the four accused have been presented before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez