Husband, three others held for `gang-raping` woman in Bengal
Kolkata: Four people have been arrested following a complaint by a woman in West Bengal`s Malda district that she was allegedly gang-raped by her husband and his friends, police said Monday.
The incident happened in Chanchal district, some 390 km from Kolkata.
The woman, in her complaint filed Friday before Chanchal police station, alleged that she was gang raped late Wednesday night and was locked up at her house but managed to escape.
"On the basis of her complaint we have arrested four people including her husband. A medical test of the victim has been conducted, reports of which are awaited," said a police officer.
The woman said that she suspects her husband to be involved in some illegal business and when she confronted him, she was violated by the husband and his cronies.
"Four people including by husband forcibly took me out of the house and took turns to rape me. Later when I got unconscious, I found myself bound and tied inside the house. I managed to free myself and filed the complaint," said the woman.
All the four accused have been presented before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what