I am not vindictive: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming she was not vindictive, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she will continue to work for the people regardless of the criticism.
"Those who are criticising and demeaning our government, I do not have any relation with them. I do not care about what others say about me. I am here only for the cause of the people," Banerjee said at a function.
Banerjee`s comments come on a day when Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju criticised her for being "intolerant and whimsical".
"I have always fought for the people and continue to do so. I can leave other things for the common man, but cannot leave the people for anything. This is my mission and vision," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah