I am not vindictive: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming she was not vindictive, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she will continue to work for the people regardless of the criticism.
"Those who are criticising and demeaning our government, I do not have any relation with them. I do not care about what others say about me. I am here only for the cause of the people," Banerjee said at a function.
Banerjee`s comments come on a day when Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju criticised her for being "intolerant and whimsical".
"I have always fought for the people and continue to do so. I can leave other things for the common man, but cannot leave the people for anything. This is my mission and vision," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB