I am not vindictive: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming she was not vindictive, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she will continue to work for the people regardless of the criticism.
"Those who are criticising and demeaning our government, I do not have any relation with them. I do not care about what others say about me. I am here only for the cause of the people," Banerjee said at a function.
Banerjee`s comments come on a day when Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju criticised her for being "intolerant and whimsical".
"I have always fought for the people and continue to do so. I can leave other things for the common man, but cannot leave the people for anything. This is my mission and vision," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog