I am not vindictive: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming she was not vindictive, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she will continue to work for the people regardless of the criticism.
"Those who are criticising and demeaning our government, I do not have any relation with them. I do not care about what others say about me. I am here only for the cause of the people," Banerjee said at a function.
Banerjee`s comments come on a day when Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju criticised her for being "intolerant and whimsical".
"I have always fought for the people and continue to do so. I can leave other things for the common man, but cannot leave the people for anything. This is my mission and vision," Banerjee said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources