I am not vindictive: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming she was not vindictive, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she will continue to work for the people regardless of the criticism.
"Those who are criticising and demeaning our government, I do not have any relation with them. I do not care about what others say about me. I am here only for the cause of the people," Banerjee said at a function.
Banerjee`s comments come on a day when Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju criticised her for being "intolerant and whimsical".
"I have always fought for the people and continue to do so. I can leave other things for the common man, but cannot leave the people for anything. This is my mission and vision," Banerjee said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened