I will continue to press for repeal of AFSPA: Omar
Kolkata: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Saturday said he would continue to press for repeal
of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act ``which is a very
``This is a very important issue for Jammu and Kashmir
and that is why I am pressing for it. I will continue to press
for it,`` Abdullah told reporters on the sidelines of the
Kolkata Literary Meet that coincided with the holding of the
Kolkata Book Fair which he visited today.
``However, the Ministry of Defence has many things to
look after and this is not the only issue for them,`` he
hastened to add.
Speaking on the Centre-state relations, he said,
``If things move a little faster, then it is better for us``.
Abdullah, however, refused to comment on the
controversy surrounding the visit of Salman Rushdie to Jaipur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference