I will continue to press for repeal of AFSPA: Omar
Kolkata: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Saturday said he would continue to press for repeal
of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act ``which is a very
``This is a very important issue for Jammu and Kashmir
and that is why I am pressing for it. I will continue to press
for it,`` Abdullah told reporters on the sidelines of the
Kolkata Literary Meet that coincided with the holding of the
Kolkata Book Fair which he visited today.
``However, the Ministry of Defence has many things to
look after and this is not the only issue for them,`` he
hastened to add.
Speaking on the Centre-state relations, he said,
``If things move a little faster, then it is better for us``.
Abdullah, however, refused to comment on the
controversy surrounding the visit of Salman Rushdie to Jaipur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh