I will hiss, if I can`t bite: Mamata
Kolkata: "I can always hiss if I can`t bite," this was Trinamool Congress Mamata Banerjee`s remark after her six ministers quit the UPA government on FDI and other `people` related issues.
Banerjee was referring to a folklore on Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa, the spiritual guru of Swami Vivekenanda.
Ramakrishna is believed to have advised a cobra, whom he had told not to bite people, that it could frighten away people by hissing.
"I can always hiss if can`t bite. If the people`s rights are endangered we will hiss. We can bow our heads to Ma, Mati, Manush, but not to the arrogance of power," she said at a state government water project at Tallah Park here.
The Chief Minister, said "When we are shouted, the louder will be our protest. We roar when intimidated. This is our pride.
"We may be poor, but we have dignity. People are the main assets of democracy. What Bengal thinks today, the world thinks tomorrow," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?