IIT Kharagpur lodged FIR against its professor
New Delhi: IIT Kharagpur has filed a criminal case against one of its professors for associating with an education centre that had allegedly falsely claimed to be an affiliate of the institute.
An FIR has been lodged against office bearers of the
Institution of Electrical Engineering (IEE), the centre running adjacent to the IIIT campus, which also includes Ghosh, accusing them of fraud, IIT sources said.
IIT-Kharagpur had placed Ghosh under suspension last
month and conducted an internal investigation after students
of the IEE lodged a complaint with the institute director
Damodar Acharya alleging that Ghosh was charging exorbitant
fees for admission to IEE.
Ghosh had violated the code of conduct as a faculty member cannot associate with any institute without the IIT`s permission, they said.
Ghosh was also charged with holding examination of IEE
inside the IIT campus, sources said.
IIT-Kharagpur in a statement released yesterday had
said it has not affiliated IEE and documents supporting its
recognition were "forged".
It said the "sequence of events makes one to believe a
section of the people associated with so called IEE (India)
have deliberately tried to involve the name of IIT Kharagpur
to cash on its goodwill.
"Based on the allegedly forged documents, they
also might have duped both the faculty of the Institute and
the public at large," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi