IIT Kharagpur to offer new research grants
Kolkata: To ensure competitive and collaborative research, the premier IIT Kharagpur today announced a series of new research grants at all levels.
As part of `Vision 2020` initiative, IIT Kharagpur director Prof P P Chakrabarti said they will enhance new faculty startup grant by more than five times (upto Rs 28 lakhs each).
More than 20 competitive seed challenge grants of Rs 25 lakhs for assistant and associate professors in their areas of specialisation would be offered while four open competitive seed challenge grants of Rs 1 crore each for interdisciplinary and basic sciences would be now available.
Two grand challenge seed grants would be of Rs 2.5 crores each.
Additionally, the director announced at least five competitive seed grants of Rs 2.5 crores each for departments to propose an area of emerging thrust where it wants to attain pre-eminence.
In his first open-house interaction with all faculty members as the director, Chakrabarti emphasised on a culture of scholarship that is to be founded on an environment of deep and relevant research.
Among other important criteria for selection in projects will be intellectual property creation and dissemination in terms of patents and licensing, obtaining matching grants from external agencies and visible national and international impact.
National and international collaboration with world`s experts will be encouraged in these projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India