Illegal arms factory raided in West Bengal
Kolkata: An illegal arms manufacturing factory was raided and several arms and ammunition were seized in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district. One person has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
"An illegal arms manufacturing factory was busted in Uttar Fathepur in the district and several arms and ammunitions were seized in a raid conducted on Saturday. A person named Abdul Sheikh has been arrested and we are looking for more suspects," Superintendent of police H Kabir said.
The guns manufactured from here were supplied to various parts within and outside the state, he added.
Baharampore, the district headquarter, is 230 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police