Illegal arms factory raided in West Bengal
Kolkata: An illegal arms manufacturing factory was raided and several arms and ammunition were seized in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district. One person has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
"An illegal arms manufacturing factory was busted in Uttar Fathepur in the district and several arms and ammunitions were seized in a raid conducted on Saturday. A person named Abdul Sheikh has been arrested and we are looking for more suspects," Superintendent of police H Kabir said.
The guns manufactured from here were supplied to various parts within and outside the state, he added.
Baharampore, the district headquarter, is 230 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences