Illegal arms factory raided in West Bengal
Kolkata: An illegal arms manufacturing factory was raided and several arms and ammunition were seized in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district. One person has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
"An illegal arms manufacturing factory was busted in Uttar Fathepur in the district and several arms and ammunitions were seized in a raid conducted on Saturday. A person named Abdul Sheikh has been arrested and we are looking for more suspects," Superintendent of police H Kabir said.
The guns manufactured from here were supplied to various parts within and outside the state, he added.
Baharampore, the district headquarter, is 230 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda