Illegal arms factory raided in West Bengal
Kolkata: An illegal arms manufacturing factory was raided and several arms and ammunition were seized in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district. One person has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
"An illegal arms manufacturing factory was busted in Uttar Fathepur in the district and several arms and ammunitions were seized in a raid conducted on Saturday. A person named Abdul Sheikh has been arrested and we are looking for more suspects," Superintendent of police H Kabir said.
The guns manufactured from here were supplied to various parts within and outside the state, he added.
Baharampore, the district headquarter, is 230 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission