In a rare gesture, Bengal political rivals agree to meet over tea
Kolkata: During election season when many political opponents do not see each other in the eye, Bengali filmstar and Trinamool Congress candidate Dev has fixed up a meeting with his rival CPI candidate Santosh Rana tomorrow.
Dev said he called up Rana last night and told him if they could meet at the latter`s place for a cup of tea.
"Dev called me saying he would come to my place for a cup of tea. I asked him to come. My fight with him is political and not personal, so I welcome him if he wants to visit my home for tea," Rana said.
The two are contesting against each other from Ghatal constituency, Dev`s hometown in the West Midnapore district.
The 31-year-old Dev, best known for his potboilers like `Paglu`, `Challenge` and `Chander Pahar`, said he was amazed to know that his political opponent has watched his films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!