Informer providing Kishenji tip-off to get reward
New Delhi: The Rs 19 lakh reward announced
on the head of top Naxal leader Kishenji is likely to be given
to the person who provided the vital tip-off about his
whereabouts in the last few hours leading to his elimination.
Official sources said the Andhra Pradesh government had
announced that it would give Rs 12 lakh to anyone who give any
information about the Maoist commander leading to his arrest
The Chhattisgarh government too had announced Rs 7 lakh
reward with a similar statement.
"Since Kishenji was killed following an information given
by someone from the CPI (Maoist), the person concerned would
be given the due reward," a source said.
The recipient may take cash or cheque with anyone`s name
and no question will be asked while maintaining complete
secrecy in the deal, the source said.
Even though Kishenji was killed in West Bengal, the
recipient will not face any difficulty in getting the reward
announced by Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
"When the money will be delivered to the recipient, it
will send a message to the Maoist cadres to grab such offers
given to other top leaders of the outfit," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details