Inquiry into properties of political parties: Mamata Banerjee
Panihati (WB): Alleging that CPI(M) had amassed movable and immovable property running into crores of rupees in the last 34 years, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said there would be an inquiry to ascertain the `benami` property of political parties.
"CPI(M) amassed thousands of crores of rupees in property. Propertywise, CPI(M) now ranks next to Congress and BJP," Banerjee told a Trinamool Congress rally here.
The chief minister said an inquiry would be made to ascertain which party had "benami property and trusts."
The chief minister also claimed had not Trinamool Congress come to power, many more investors would have been duped by chit funds.
"Since we have come to power, this fraud has been unearthed, otherwise more people would have been deceived," she claimed.
"We have formulated a strong law to curb chit funds," she said.
"Enough is enough, I will ask investors not to keep funds in chit funds," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday