INS asks WB govt to clear dues of publications
New Delhi: The Indian Newspaper Society (INS), a body of newspapers in the country, today expressed concern over "non-payment" of advertisement bills to certain publications by the West Bengal government and asked its Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to clear the dues.
"This has caused severe financial distress to these newspapers as the media industry passes through a very difficult period," the INS said in a statement.
The Society`s Executive Committee at its meeting today in Kolkata expressed deep concern and anguish over the non-payment of advertisement bills of selected member publications for several years.
The society urged the chief minister to clear dues of its members without further delay, it said.
The Society also expressed dismay at the reported stand of the state government to not clear dues of its previous dispensation and said this was a negation of constitutional principle, the statement said.
The INS said that it has advised its members to "exercise extreme caution" in accepting advertisements from the government of West Bengal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory