ISKCON monks protest in front of Russian embassy
Kolkata: With Prime Minister Manmohan Singh leaving on a visit to Russia and China, monks of ISKCON on Sunday staged a demonstration outside the Russian consulate here to protest the threat of demolition of the only ISKCON temple in that country.
"Today we have gathered here to protest against the threat of demolition of the only ISKCON temple in Russia. We will submit a deputation to Russian officials here registering our protest," ISKCON`s Kolkata unit`s General Manager Radharaman Das said today.
The monks also demanded that ISKCON be allowed to build a new temple in Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video