It is victory for Mamata`s struggle: Bihar Chief Minister
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Friday described the victory of Congress-Trinamool Congress
alliance in West Bengal as that of Mamata Banerjee alone and the
Congress should not be very happy about it.
"Congress should not be very happy over the election
results in West Bengal. It is not the victory of the alliance
but purely a victory of Mamata Banerjee alone for her
consistent fight against Left misrule," Kumar told reporters.
Congratulating Banerjee for the massive victory, he
said it was predicted since the beginning of the elections in
The Congress had not gained anything in the elections
in the five states, he claimed.
He, however, congratulated Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi for securing majority in the state assembly and termed
as `expected` the poll results in Tamil Nadu.
On the performance of ally BJP in the election, Kumar
said there was nothing especial at the stake in the five
states for the saffron party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what