Jail for rapists after 11 years
Raigunj (WB): A local court on Thursday awarded ten years rigorous imprisonment to two persons in connection with the gangrape of a deaf and dumb woman more than 11 years ago.
North Dinajpur Additional District Sessions Judge S K Ray also ordered the two pay fine of Rs 10,000 each in default of which they would undergo three more months in jail.
On May 8, 2001 the 32 year-old deaf and dumb woman was forcibly taken away from her home at Goitor village, near here, by her neighbours Madhusudan Sarkar and Kailash Burman and raped in a paddy field.
Her family had lodged a police complaint and the woman had identified the two in a test identification parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'