Jalpaiguri blast mastermind held in WB
Siliguri (WB): The police on Wednesday arrested three Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) ultras including the mastermind of the December 26 blast in Jalpaiguri that left six persons dead.
Three KLO persons -- two senior leaders and a courier -- were arrested from Adhikari from near the Indo-Nepal border in Darjeeling district, IG (North Bengal) Jawed Shamim said.
The three are KLO Deputy Commandant Ilyias Siddiqui alias Pradip Roy, KLO Assistant General Secretary Tarun Thapa alias Narayan Roy and Ramshankar Basak, a courier.
While the first two had plotted the bicycle blast at Bajrapara on December 26, the martyrs` day of the KLO, Basak had kept the bicycle at the spot, Shamim told a press conference this evening.
The IG said the arrested persons admitted during interrogation that they had executed the blast.
A day after the explosion, the KLO had denied its involvement in the incident saying the police were trying to malign the organisation.
The police were now investigating to arrest the other persons involved in the explosion.
Besides these three who were taken into custody from Darjeeling district, five others have earlier been arrested in connection with the blast in Jalpaiguri district.
Formed in 1993, the KLO was fighting for a separate Kamtapuri state comprising six districts of north Bengal and some areas of Lower Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'