Jalpaiguri blast mastermind remanded in CID custody
Jalpaiguri: The three ultras of Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) including the mastermind of the December 26 blast in Jalpaiguri, were remanded to 14 days CID remand by a local court on Thursday.
The judge of Jalpaiguri Court granted the 14 days of remand to CID officers.
The blast left six persons dead.
Three KLO persons -- two senior leaders and a courier -- were arrested from Adhikari area near Indo-Nepal border in Darjeeling district yesterday.
The three are KLO Deputy Commandant Ilyias Siddiqui alias Pradip Roy, KLO Assistant General Secretary Tarun Thapa alias Narayan Roy and Ramshankar Basak, a courier.
While the first two had plotted the bicycle blast at Bajrapara on December 26, the martyrs` day of the KLO, Basak had kept the bicycle at the spot, Shamim told a press conference this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof