Jalpaiguri blast: One more held
Jalpaiguri: One more person was arrested on Wednesday in connection with the December 26 Jalpaiguri blast in a moving bicycle which killed six persons.
Dipak Roy, a suspected Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) link man was arrested from Bhabeshmore area under the jurisdiction of the Bhaktinagar Police Station in the district, police sources said.
"We got Roy`s name and location after interrogating Dipankar Sinha, who was arrested yesterday from Kharibari area of neighbouring Darjeeling district," they said.
Roy was produced in a local court today, which remanded him to police custody for 14 days.
With Roy`s arrest, four persons have so far been nabbed by the police in connection with the blast.
Apart from Sinha and Chandan Roy who was arrested from Moynaguri in Jalpaiguri district, general secretary of Kamtapur Peoples Party (KPP) central committee Nubas Burman was arrested from Toofanganj in Coochbehar district.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) and various other national agencies were involved in the investigation of the blast in Bajrapara locality.
Formed in 1993, the KLO was fighting for a separate Kamtapuri state comprising six districts of North Bengal and some areas of Lower Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa