J&K issue biggest challenge before new NDA govt: PDP
Jammu: PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Monday said the biggest challenge before the new government at the Centre is to deal with the sensitive issue of Jammu and Kashmir and voiced hoped that it would follow the steps of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in this regard.
"The biggest challenge before the new government at New Delhi is to deal with the sensitive issue of Jammu and Kashmir," Mufti said while addressing a public meeting at Poonch district, about 250 kilometers from here.
He hoped that the Narendra Modi government would follow the path shown by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee while dealing with the matter.
Mufti said that the state needed a holistic approach to come out of the "immense" problems it was facing.
"Governance deficit has not only increased in the last six years but what is a cause of a greater worry is the erosion of credibility of our democratic institutions.
"People Democratic Party is committed to bridge the gap between different regions and also between people of the state and rest of the country," he said.
Reiterating his commitment to make Poonch as "Gateway to Kashmir", Mufti said that opening of Mugal road and Line of Control for crossing and trade is going to change the future of the people of Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read