J&K issue biggest challenge before new NDA govt: PDP
Jammu: PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Monday said the biggest challenge before the new government at the Centre is to deal with the sensitive issue of Jammu and Kashmir and voiced hoped that it would follow the steps of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in this regard.
"The biggest challenge before the new government at New Delhi is to deal with the sensitive issue of Jammu and Kashmir," Mufti said while addressing a public meeting at Poonch district, about 250 kilometers from here.
He hoped that the Narendra Modi government would follow the path shown by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee while dealing with the matter.
Mufti said that the state needed a holistic approach to come out of the "immense" problems it was facing.
"Governance deficit has not only increased in the last six years but what is a cause of a greater worry is the erosion of credibility of our democratic institutions.
"People Democratic Party is committed to bridge the gap between different regions and also between people of the state and rest of the country," he said.
Reiterating his commitment to make Poonch as "Gateway to Kashmir", Mufti said that opening of Mugal road and Line of Control for crossing and trade is going to change the future of the people of Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love