Jangalmahal: Arms, ammunition seized in raid
Jhargram (WB): Security forces on Sunday claimed
to have foiled a plan by Maoists to launch an attack in
Jangalmahal, after seizing arms and ammunition from a forest
On a tip-off that the ultras had assembled in the Auspal
forest, 10 km from Jhargram town, the West Midnapore police
and the CRPF jointly launched a search operation after
cordoning off the area, Additional SP Mukesh Kumar said.
Kumar said three single-barrel guns, two pressure mines,
one masket, a large number of chocolate bombs and 10 rounds of
cartridges were seized in the pre-dawn operation.
However, no Maoist was captured in the raid, the
Additional S P said, adding that the ultras might have got
wind of the raid and escaped in the last moment leaving the
The forces are continuing raids in the adjacent villages,
The district police, meanwhile, claimed the seizure of
the arms and ammunition was a `big success` for the security
forces in Jangalmahal in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened