Jangalmahal: Arms, ammunition seized in raid
Jhargram (WB): Security forces on Sunday claimed
to have foiled a plan by Maoists to launch an attack in
Jangalmahal, after seizing arms and ammunition from a forest
On a tip-off that the ultras had assembled in the Auspal
forest, 10 km from Jhargram town, the West Midnapore police
and the CRPF jointly launched a search operation after
cordoning off the area, Additional SP Mukesh Kumar said.
Kumar said three single-barrel guns, two pressure mines,
one masket, a large number of chocolate bombs and 10 rounds of
cartridges were seized in the pre-dawn operation.
However, no Maoist was captured in the raid, the
Additional S P said, adding that the ultras might have got
wind of the raid and escaped in the last moment leaving the
The forces are continuing raids in the adjacent villages,
The district police, meanwhile, claimed the seizure of
the arms and ammunition was a `big success` for the security
forces in Jangalmahal in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...