Jangalmahal: Arms, ammunition seized in raid
Jhargram (WB): Security forces on Sunday claimed
to have foiled a plan by Maoists to launch an attack in
Jangalmahal, after seizing arms and ammunition from a forest
On a tip-off that the ultras had assembled in the Auspal
forest, 10 km from Jhargram town, the West Midnapore police
and the CRPF jointly launched a search operation after
cordoning off the area, Additional SP Mukesh Kumar said.
Kumar said three single-barrel guns, two pressure mines,
one masket, a large number of chocolate bombs and 10 rounds of
cartridges were seized in the pre-dawn operation.
However, no Maoist was captured in the raid, the
Additional S P said, adding that the ultras might have got
wind of the raid and escaped in the last moment leaving the
The forces are continuing raids in the adjacent villages,
The district police, meanwhile, claimed the seizure of
the arms and ammunition was a `big success` for the security
forces in Jangalmahal in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?