Japan Army chief visits Kolkata
Kolkata: Japanese Chief of Army Staff Gen Eiji Kimizuka on Tuesday discussed issues concerning security, enhancing military ties and other issues with Eastern Theatre Army Commander Lt Gen Dalbir Singh.
Gen Kimizuka, accompanied by his wife Junko Kimizuka, visited historic sites at the Fort William as well as the Victoria Memorial during his one day official visit here, a Defence release said.
The Japanese Army Chief is on a four-day visit to India from May 5 to 8, which is officially stated to be a step towards cementing relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route