Japan Army chief visits Kolkata
Kolkata: Japanese Chief of Army Staff Gen Eiji Kimizuka on Tuesday discussed issues concerning security, enhancing military ties and other issues with Eastern Theatre Army Commander Lt Gen Dalbir Singh.
Gen Kimizuka, accompanied by his wife Junko Kimizuka, visited historic sites at the Fort William as well as the Victoria Memorial during his one day official visit here, a Defence release said.
The Japanese Army Chief is on a four-day visit to India from May 5 to 8, which is officially stated to be a step towards cementing relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation