Japan Army chief visits Kolkata
Kolkata: Japanese Chief of Army Staff Gen Eiji Kimizuka on Tuesday discussed issues concerning security, enhancing military ties and other issues with Eastern Theatre Army Commander Lt Gen Dalbir Singh.
Gen Kimizuka, accompanied by his wife Junko Kimizuka, visited historic sites at the Fort William as well as the Victoria Memorial during his one day official visit here, a Defence release said.
The Japanese Army Chief is on a four-day visit to India from May 5 to 8, which is officially stated to be a step towards cementing relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn