Japan Army chief visits Kolkata
Kolkata: Japanese Chief of Army Staff Gen Eiji Kimizuka on Tuesday discussed issues concerning security, enhancing military ties and other issues with Eastern Theatre Army Commander Lt Gen Dalbir Singh.
Gen Kimizuka, accompanied by his wife Junko Kimizuka, visited historic sites at the Fort William as well as the Victoria Memorial during his one day official visit here, a Defence release said.
The Japanese Army Chief is on a four-day visit to India from May 5 to 8, which is officially stated to be a step towards cementing relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured