Japan Army chief visits Kolkata
Kolkata: Japanese Chief of Army Staff Gen Eiji Kimizuka on Tuesday discussed issues concerning security, enhancing military ties and other issues with Eastern Theatre Army Commander Lt Gen Dalbir Singh.
Gen Kimizuka, accompanied by his wife Junko Kimizuka, visited historic sites at the Fort William as well as the Victoria Memorial during his one day official visit here, a Defence release said.
The Japanese Army Chief is on a four-day visit to India from May 5 to 8, which is officially stated to be a step towards cementing relations between the two countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan