Jet Airways plane makes emergency landing
Kolkata: A Jet Airways flight, with over 50 passengers on board, made an emergency landing on Monday less than an hour after take-off from the NSCB International airport here.
Airport sources said the Bhubaneswar-bound Jet flight,
which took off from the airport at 6:20 pm, came back at
around 7:10 pm after the pilot informed the ATC that the
plane`s smoke alarm went off when it was mid-air.
Though crew members could not detect any smoke or fire
within the aircraft despite a thorough check inside after the
smoke alarm buzzer went off, they did not take any chance, the
With all emergency procedures in place, the passengers
were evacuated after landing and the aircraft was now being
checked by experts.
Arrangements were being made to accommodate the
stranded passengers in another Bhubaneswar-bound plane, the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader