Jnaneshwari mishap: WB govt gets notification on CBI probe
Kolkata: The West Bengal Government has
received formal notification from the Centre about its
decision for a CBI probe into the May 28 Jnaneswari Express
derailment that left 148 passengers dead.
The notification has been received, but the terms of
reference are yet to arrive, Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen told
reporters here today.
The CID investigation which was ordered into the
derailment in West Midnapore district by the state government
would not be wound up immediately. This would be decided after
the terms of reference were received, Sen said.
In Delhi, the department of personnel and training (DoPT)
issued a notification yesterday handing over the probe to the
CBI which will register a case.
The Centre has decided to go ahead with a CBI probe as
the mishap took place on railway property and therefore did
not require concurrence of the concerned state government.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has alleged `political
conspiracy` behind the incident, hinting at rival CPI-M`s hand
in the derailment and claimed that this could be unearthed
only through a CBI probe, which the state government had
earlier held as not required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today